Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Michigan's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq, provides that all persons are entitled to full and complete information as to a public body’s fulfillment of statutory functions and concerning the inner working of government in general.
Upon providing a public body’s FOIA coordinator with a written request that describes a public record sufficiently to enable the public body to find the public record, a person has a right to inspect, copy, or receive copies of the requested public record of the public body, consistent with the Act. A public body may charge a fee to cover the cost of processing a request.
Including the specific search terms and date range in the records request will assist the public body in conducting a search and retrieval of potentially responsive documents and may thereby reduce potential costs.
FOIA Request can be sent to:
- Email: FOIACoordinator@scccmh.org
- USPS: FOIA Coordinator 3111 Electric Ave., Port Huron, MI 48060
- Drop off at any SCCCMHA location - ATTN: FOIA Coordinator
- Electronic: Submit request using online form
Requests MUST include:
- The requesting person's complete name
- Requesting person's address in compliance with United States Postal Service addressing standards
- Valid telephone number and/or electronic mail address